Monday, September 17, 2012

Sunny Sundays

I'm really enjoying these September week ends. The days are getting longer and the weather is more enjoyable for picnics in the park. My thoughts are also turning to my garden. I am looking forward to planting some new flowers and setting some of my pot-bounds 'free'. 


I love this time of the year when the plants surprise me with their flowers. One day they're just a regular-joe plant, the next the brighten up my balcony with their beautiful flowers. 


I came upon my surprise of the month when I was pushing my garden back onto, well, the garden, after the bush turkeys had spread it everywhere else ... my Clivia looks like it might treat me to a burst of orange this year. It's been there in the corner of my garden, hiding amongst the showy hippeastrums, ne'er a bloom to be seen. Whether it's the previous good rains or the latest dry spell, or maybe the planets have suitably aligned? It's not mine to question why. Maybe my run of neglect has paid off again?


To finish off the week end, we had a baby-shower-high-tea + frisbees + badminton. Best games *I've* ever played at a baby shower, hands down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...