Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dump and burn

It's hard to believe it's been about a month and a half since the big wet. I noticed the swollen banks of the Brisbane River this morning on the way to work - they've just let a year's worth of water out of Wivenhoe. It got me reflecting on the beginning of 2011. I'm noticing everyone's still so tired - that Christmas break rejuvenation lost its edge pretty quickly. People are functioning at that pre-xmas intensity, waiting for the wind-down that doesn't seem to be coming thanks to extended suffering from floods, cyclones, earthquakes etc. 

Trying to lift spirits I had a look back at some old Brisvegas photos. These are some that make me smile.





 Who doesn't love (didn't love) the dump and burn?! (My favourite part of this photo is where everyone is pointing...)




Aww. Pretty fireworks. x

1 comment:

  1. It's a pretty city. It's a shame the state/country/world is full of good folk suffering from disaster fatigue. I just hope that some positivity will start to sprout from the mud, so we can all find our feet and swing back in to full action!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...